Whether you’re fresh out of college or looking to find a better job, you will need a resume to showcase all your skills and, hopefully, stand out from the competition.
Yet, in today’s day and age, a standard resume or a CV is not enough. A better way to impress HR managers and describe your expertise, education, and experience is to create a personal website with the help of a resume WordPress Theme—like those shown here:
A good resume website has these key benefits when compared to a standard resume or CV:
- Puts You in Control – It’s not uncommon for employers to turn to Google when selecting candidates for a position. Your personal website has higher chances of showing up as a top result in the search and it allows you to control which information is immediately visible.
- Makes You Easier to Find – Someone looking to hire a person with particular skills may not know your name but if you take the time to polish the content of your website, you stand a better chance of showing up in the search results when they search for those skills.
- Shows Off Your Personality – A personal website lets you show your personality and go into more detail about your previous experience.
What Are The Key Features of Great Resume Themes?
There are many WordPress resume themes available on the market today (such as those shown below) and choosing one can be difficult—especially if you’re not sure what features to look for. Here’s a list of key features of great resume themes to make your selection easier:
- Responsive Design – Your site must be equally accessible on desktop and mobile devices.
- A Skills Section – Your resume site needs a section or a page for your education, skills, and experience. It should work in conjunction to your standard resume or CV so do be sure there’s a dedicated section to include relevant information.
- Testimonials – This is where your website has the chance of outperforming your written resume. Instead of a list of references, you can showcase what your previous employers or clients have said about you, which is a surefire way to add credibility.
- Contact Information – Consider including not only your email and phone number, but also your professional social media profiles.
- Portfolio – You can include an image and a detailed description of the tasks involved with certain projects or showcase your relevant work visually.
- Appealing Design – A great design is another must-have if you want to stand out from the crowd. A high-quality WP theme will have a design that compliments your resume rather than distract users with flashy backgrounds or poor typography.
Best WordPress Resume Themes
And now, on to our featured collection of personal resume WordPress themes. Here is a curated selection of over fifteen WP resume theme choices that are great for a variety of professionals, from: designers, photographers, coders, marketers, and more.
If you want to showcase your resume online, grab the attention of potential employers, then browse through these themes to find just the right design that fits your personal brand best.
Profession is a clean and responsive resume theme with horizontal and a vertical layout options and eight preset color schemes. You can quickly get a great resume website setup with this professional theme.
The Portfolio section lets you use quote, image, image slider, video, and audio to showcase your previous work. The default layout is horizontal which gives your website a unique look and feel. Also, it changes to a vertical one on mobile devices.
The theme comes with a beautiful Layer Slider and can easily be customized within the theme options panel and by using shortcodes. Profession also includes sections for your skills and resume, along with a blog to share your industry expertise.
Zwin has the look of a traditional resume but with a modern twist. It’s built as a one-page responsive theme that makes use of tabs to better organize the various sections of your resume. It offers all the functionality of a quality resume theme with options to include your skills, education, and portfolio with image and video support.
This WordPress theme also includes vcard options, a working contact form, and an intuitive theme options panel. Zwin comes with five predefined color schemes which can easily be adjusted on the backend and you can also add your social media profiles with ease.
Intima is a trendy, responsive resume theme with two distinct styles; a beautiful full-width header image with a traditional menu or a left-hand side menu.
It has dedicated sections for a brief bio, resume timeline, skills section, awards section, and testimonials. There are several places where you can put prominent calls to action and display past projects in a portfolio.
The theme also includes a working contact form where you can insert a Google Map as well as a slider for testimonials. On top of that, Intima includes a blog page template with four different layouts and an easy to use admin panel to customize the theme to your liking.
If you’re a fan of flat design, consider ShiftCV. The theme includes a dark and a light version with colorful tabs to showcase different sections of your resume.
You can include basic information about you, add colorful widgets to showcase your skills, and use the working contact form and a Google Map to show your physical location.
The WordPress theme can easily be turned into a blog without the resume features or you can use both to maximize your chances of getting found online. You can customize the accent colors and access other customization settings via the theme options panel.
If you want a unique theme with plenty of customization options, look no further than BookCard WP. The theme looks like a tri-fold brochure, with a cover page and three inner pages that house all the important information that would normally go on a resume.
You can include a timeline, testimonials, portfolio, contact information, skills, education, and it even has a button to include a downloadable version. The theme offers 50 predefined styles, a powerful theme options panel, Google Fonts support, and custom shortcodes.
Prestige is a minimal and colorful portfolio resume WordPress Theme based on different color menu tabs which are used to display content of the pages. The theme contains a blog with comments, a working contact form, a slider, built-in gallery lightbox with video support, latest tweets, and plenty of social icons to choose from. The theme is also fully customizable to create your own CV site with unique style.
This WP resume theme has four different layouts to choose from which are tailored to specific niches.
The homepage can be configured as a one-page theme that includes relevant information and it even includes a calendar section so you can show your availability as a freelancer. A blog page is included as well as a powerful page builder which lets you customize the layouts to best suit your needs.
The theme is fully responsive and retina ready and on top of that, it can be easily customized through the theme options panel where you can change fonts, colors, multiple design options, and more.
Divergent is a one page personal vCard Resume WordPress theme. It can be used for a personal portfolio and it includes a fully responsive design and page templates. This theme support YouTube video and a slider, integration with the ECWID plugin for setting up an online store, and more. The theme options panel lets you customize every aspect of the website and includes plenty of shortcodes and more than 500 icons to add extra visual appeal to your online resume.
Pillar is a beautiful multipurpose WP theme that includes several predefined layouts and over 150 predefined content blocks that allow you to easily change the page layouts via the Visual Composer plugin.
You can also take advantage of more than 2000 custom icons to highlight different sections of your personal resume site. Eight unique header layouts, four different footer styles, and complete design control are included in Pillar to allow you to create a stunning online resume.
cvCard WP is a clean and minimal WordPress theme with a sliding horizontal layout. The theme offers several predefined styles which give you a nice starting point in your site design.
On top of including your portfolio, skills, education, and biography information, the theme also includes a working AJAX contact form as well as a blog page. The theme settings page allow you to customize styles, fonts, social icons, and much more.
You can get your resume website made quickly with a simple, minimal style using this great WP theme.
Bionic is a fully responsive, professional, and multipurpose personal WordPress theme. It’s built on top of the Visual Composer plugin to make creating custom layouts and modifying existing ones easy. The theme includes four pre-made homepage demos which are easy to install with the one-click demo import feature.
The portfolio has three different layouts available to present your past work in style. It also has plenty of customization options make this theme a great choice for designers, photographers, and others who want a truly unique resume website.
ResumeX is a stylish one-page resume theme that’s perfect for showcasing your personal resume, work history, projects, and other professional information.
The theme has plenty of sections to include all the important details you want to convey to potential employers. It can also be customized completely through an intuitive theme options panel. On top of that, the theme is easy to translate to another language and supports a responsive design.
Identity is a great choice for anyone considering a video to introduce themselves to potential employers. The theme has two layouts, one of which features a beautiful video header.
Aside from the biography and portfolio sections, the theme includes a timeline presentation for your resume as well as a testimonials section and an animated skills process. Identity is fully responsive and retina-ready and can be customized completely to match your personal brand.
Promotion is sure to catch the eye of potential employers thanks to the beautiful, animated design. This WordPress resume them has several demo layouts available. It includes a resume layout that offers employers the option to easily print out your resume for the hiring process. The theme includes a responsive, retina-ready design with the ability to import the demo content as well as numerous customization options.
PerfectCV is another minimalistic WordPress theme with a responsive design and a clean gray background that puts most of the focus on your resume. You can easily add a blog section below your skills, work, and portfolio sections.
The theme also includes 20+ social icons to go along with the biography section or the contact form. Every section can easily be customized and re-ordered through the LiveCustomizer for the ultimate design control.
This theme has a gorgeous one-page parallax design and includes several different layout options. It’s packed with a gorgeous design and great features.
It includes plenty of shortcodes which you can use to add buttons, accordions, toggles, and more. Design elements like backgrounds, colors, fonts, and more can easily be customized through the theme options panel. On top of the responsive design, the theme is SEO and translation-ready.
This is a quality WP resume theme to use for your personal site. Showcase your work history, highlight your personal brand, and make a positive impression on potential employers.
How to Create a Successful Resume Website
A successful resume website will work in conjunction with your standard resume to provide additional information about your education, work history, and past projects. Here are a few tips on creating a resume site that’s guaranteed to get you noticed:
- Include your real resume as a downloadable PDF file to facilitate the hiring process. Consider themes like BookCard or Promotion that have this functionality right out of the box.
- Consider a one-page theme to condense all the important information on one page and make the recruiter’s process easier. Themes such as ResumeX, Squareroot WordPress Resume Theme or Divergent are great choices.
- Don’t include personal social media profiles that you use to stay in touch with friends and family. Consider creating separate social media profiles where you will share your industry knowledge. A theme like PerfectCV which includes styled social media icons can facilitate adding your social profiles.
- Stick to essential information and avoiding padding your website with irrelevant information.
- Get a professional headshot for your website instead of using a blurry photo. A video is also a great way to introduce yourself which is where a theme like Identity really shines.
- Include your new website into the designated website section on social media and consider creating a new email signature to help you spread the word about it.
Here are additional resume resume website ideas to help you stand out professionally:
Design a Personal Resume Site That Makes a Good Impression
A good resume website will evolve with you and your career. Unlike a standard resume, which you can no longer modify after submitting it, your website is easy to update as your skills and your experience grows. Get a head start on your personal resume website with one of our high-quality WordPress Resume themes.